WHERE IS MY CHILD?
Buses can be delayed for a number of reasons: inordinately long loading times, bad weather, mechanical breakdowns, poor road conditions, substitute driver, etc. In the event your child’s bus is running more than 15 minutes late under normal driving conditions, you may wish to take the following steps to identify his or her whereabouts:
- Determine if the bus has already made its run by your child’s stop. This can often be accomplished by calling your child’s neighborhood friend.
- If it’s before 3:45 p.m., call your child’s school.
- Mound View 715-879-5744
- Middle School 715-879-5595
- High School 715-879-5521
- If it’s before 4:00 p.m., call the district office at 715-879-5066.
- If it’s after 4:00 p.m., call your child’s school and dial extension 508. This is the extension to the bus barn. Usually by 4:00 p.m. a bus driver is available to answer the phone.
Please know, in the event there would be a serious matter, parents would be notified as soon as possible.
TRANSPORTATION: FIRST-TIME RIDERS
If your child will be riding our buses for the first time, please call the transportation supervisor to learn the bus driver’s name and approximate pickup and drop-off times. Our transportation supervisor is Mr. Tom Newman. His number is 715-577-1733.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A BUS DRIVER?
The Elk Mound Area School District is always looking for drivers to add to our transportation team. If interested in either a permanent or substitute position please contact Chris Hahn at 715-879-5595.
If you become a substitute driver, you may sub for regular route drivers or transport for extra curricular activities.
NEW SCHOOL BUS LIGHTING
Click Here for a informational video about the new lighting on school buses
Click Here for a brochure about the new lighting on school buses